ANN | New Delhi |18 Feb 2022
In order to streamline aquaculture sector, Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) organized a webinar on “Indian Standards on Aqua feed”. During the webinar it also published four Indian Standards for Aqua feed.
- IS 16150 (Part 1) : 2014 Fish Feed – Specification, Part 1 Carp Feed
- IS 16150 (Part 2) : 2014 Fish Feed – Specification, Part 2 Catfish Feed
- IS 16150 (Part 3) : 2014 Fish Feed – Specification, Part 3 Shrimp Feed
- IS 16150 (Part 4) : 2014 Fish Feed – Specification, Part 4 Freshwater Prawn Feed
More than 100 participants from industry and government fishery departments attended the program, the press release from Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution said.
“We are in process of developing new Indian Standards for aqua feed covering new species, where the request has been made by Ministry of Fisheries, AH&D”, it further added.
- Fish feed for Pangasius fish
- Fish feed for omnivorous fish
- Fish feed for carnivorous fish
- Fish feed for polyculture of fish
“Implementation of Indian Standards would ensure optimum quality of aqua feed and this in turn improves quality of aquaculture produce”, the statement said.
The standards can also be used to regulate the quality of fish feed being imported in the country.